Some tips about the interview process. Be ready and do your best. Good luck!
- Search informations about the company. Know about the company culture and visit the website, portfolio, job description, github account and social networks profiles like Linkedin or the Facebook page.
- Prepare some questions to the interviewer.
- Search the web and see if there is someone who made the same interview.
- Know who will be interviewing you, and learn a bit about their background.
- Know your strengths and weakness.
- Know about the SOARA technique and RSA. Be ready to answer a question about some situations at work.
- Prepare for the different types of interviews: behavior, experiential, or combination.
- Sleep well the day before the interview and try to be relaxed.
- Turn off your cell phone (even for skype interviews).
- Shake the interviewer's hand.
- Keep eye contact.
- Go straight to the point. Quick and short answers are better than talking too much. This will give the interviewer\s exactly what they need to know.
What not to do
- Don't talk too quickly.
- Don't use slang.
- Don't use words you don't know the meaning of.
- Don't talk about your personal life.
- Don't fidget or act nervous. You probably will be, but it is best if you take a few seconds and clear your mind.
- Don't get defensive. Try to answer technical questions but don't be afraid to skip a question you don't know the answer.
- Drop off your thank you note. Always thank your interviewer after you've left. For skype or phone interview, just send an email within 24 hours.
Linkedin is an excellent social for searching informations, jobs, headhunters and companies. Searching a new job can be very easy but you have to let your profile to be visible for your preferred researches.
Some essential books about the whole interview process.